Tuesday 12 November 2013

Must buys for parents on Etsy

So some of  you may or may not know that I am a big fan of Etsy.  I think it's so wonderful that a place like this has been made where good quality handmade items can be purchased so easily.  Now before I start I would like you to view this with an open mind.  Some of these items you may think are expensive and yes some of them are.  However some of them are truly unique and don't forget the items you are about to view are all handmade so please respect that and the sellers that put their time and effort into making these wonderful products.

1. Mail Organizer


£58.20 legacy studio

Now to me this really stands out as a must buy for any parent.  Well to a parent that loves to be organised just like me.  Now the letter attachment maybe you don't need if you have a child that isn't getting post yet and it's just you and your partner.  However you could easily use it to store something else.  Just as you could use the pretty vase hold to put your pens and pencils in, instead.  I love the idea of the white board to write down your shopping list or even appointments like I do at home.  Of course the notice board is handy if you get leaflets sent through the door about events locally.  However pinning up your children's art work is just as lovely. Not only this but the hangers are a lovely added touch if you want to hand over children's apron or coats if you put this by the door.  I wish I had the room for this in my house but sadly I don't!

2. Hand stamped Keychain


£21.75 The Landlocked Dog

This hand stamped keychain is simply beautiful. at £21.75 it does seem a bit expensive BUT I do think it's better value for money then the most common  hand stamped footprint/thumbprints that is going around.  Better value as it has not only the day and year of when your child was born but also the phase from the "Mondays child" poem.  Not only this but it also has a Swarovski birthstone crystal attached to it.  If you do think this is a bit too much though there are more then enough cheaper versions available from this seller's shop.  They also have a wide range of different materials that are used encase you are allergic to any.  I can definitely see this being on my Mothers Day wish list next year.  This shop also sells keychains you can give to the godparent.

3. Wooden Baby Age Blocks

£19.27 Pretty in polka dots
When I first saw these I couldn't get over how perfect these were for all sorts of occasions. Firstly I instantly though of using the blocks to show how old your child is.  Not only is it a fun idea but I think it would also greatly encourage teaching your babies numbers when they grow up and they can obviously play with them using them to stack.  I also think it would be great for birthdays as well, running down the stairs and getting to change them to the age.  It would be especially exciting for a older sibling who loves having a  new baby brother/sister.  Another great idea is obviously if you are pregnant too,  It would make great photos and will be exciting to count down!  Not only that but we are now getting closer to Christmas.  I used to count down the days with my family with blocks sometimes so why not with these great pretty blocks?  They come in a variety of colours neutral, boy or girl and  our made with a good solid wood. I think these will look great on your mantlepiece or window sill.

4. Periodic children's block

£16.70 Storybook blocks



Okay, okay, yes I know some more blocks but come on!  Look at what a great idea this is!  I'm not a huge Maths fan but I LOVE my science so of course this was a winner for me and had to be on this list.  I really can't wait until my son is older and picking up on things quickly.  I'm definitely going to be buying him these.  These will be much more fun then looking at a boring table!  What is also great about this shop is that they do DIY blocks as well so you can make your own and they send you the supplies soooo you could always make it with your child which would be so much fun! This shop also does sign language and alphabet blocks which is also very clever and unique. These blocks also come in a bag to keep them in if you don't have them on display which is very handy.

5. Personalized infinity necklace

£15.74 Devin Michaels



Okay so I know this isn't a must buy a such but I think maybe 8/10 mums that read this will agree with me that this is beautiful!  I want a similar tattoo when I get the money (and the courage!) but for now I'd rather buy this.  It's absolutely divine I'd probably be a bit scared to wear it incase of damaging it!  The seller offers different sizes of chains so if you would like a shorter or longer chain you can which is a great option.  It comes in a lovely gift wrapped box which is perfect if you are looking to give it to someone as a present.  I think this make a perfect Mothers Day gift as well as birthdays and Christmas.

6. Travel Chalkboard/placemat

£4.50 Peace love & baby shop
This is such a good idea at such an amazing price! (especially for Etsy) Not only does the mat roll out and turn into a chalk board (black side) but it also doubles up as a place mat (genius). Plus for all those busy mums on the go it's easy to roll up tie and put in your handbag.  These great mats come in different designs including, dinosaurs, pirates, Hello kitty and spiderman. When my son learns not to eat chalk (lol) and I manage to buy him a booster seat this is the first place mat I shall buy him.  It will keep him entertained until dinner is fully ready.

7. Moon Hand Stamped Bracelet Toddler Size

£9.63 Clearique Boutique
This bracelet is so adorable I especially love the quote.  I've never come across toddler bracelets before (except of ID ones) but I think this is so beautiful.  At first I thought that maybe this is only for girls (like the description suggests) but the more I look at it the more I think it is unisex.  The only down side is boys normally find this sort of stuff embarrassing but they can always put it in a memory box to look back on later in life.  This seller also does key rings in a similar material for cancer survivors which is nothing less then awesome.  The the keyring does say "I'm a survivor" which means it can be used universally.  I think the price is actually a bargain considering how beautiful it is.

8. Dinosaur Crayons

£11.50 colour me fun
Now hold on I know what you're thinking.  "£11.50 for some crayons, seems a bit much".  But think about it when ever do you see DINOSAUR crayons.  Think back when you were a kid I dunno about you lot but when I was a child I would of much preferred colouring with these then the old boring crayons. You can rest assured as well as these are non-toxic which is great for my peace of mind as my son loves to eat them *facepalm*.  Don't worry though these crayons don't just come delivered in a parcel bag they come delivered with there very own tub to keep them in.  Great for storage as busy mums will know you need as much storage as possible with kids.  If you do want a cheaper alternative though the seller does offer the same crayons but in a 8 set instead.  It's not just dinosaurs though animals include; monkeys, owls, cats, dogs, elephants, rubber ducks and plenty more.

I hope you enjoyed this Etsy blog and I'd like to say a big thank you to all the above sellers who let me use their pictures and talk about their beautiful, creative products <3.  Until next time people (hopefully next week haha)

0 comments:

Post a Comment