Friday 22 November 2013

Poem | Falling leaves

So for the November Center Parks Challenge hosted by Tots100, we have been asked to write a Autumn poem. I'm kinda nervous as I haven't wrote poems for a long time.  It used to be a regular thing for me when I was in my teenage years (oh god why does that make me sound so old).  Anyway my poem below is based around the things I have been doing with my son in the past few weeks.  He always inspires me <3

David-walking-in-the-mud


 "I look above at the trees
see the falling autumn leaves
it makes me feel so cosey and warm
the colours remind me of a sunset at dawn

jumping in puddles from crying clouds
quickly back inside wrapped in a towel
muddy footprints on the floor
joyous children running in the hall

Fireworks in the night rise up and explode
watching in your back garden or on the road
firework watching will never get old
but we must wrap up warm so we don't catch a cold


owls twit tewo hello in the morning
struggling to get up in the cold still yawning
onesies its time to come out to play
and once in a while a pajama day

pine cones dropped on the ground
Christmas shopping already in town
weather man always predicting snow
makes me wants hot chocolate by the stove"

This is my entry to the Center Parcs and Tots 100 November challenge. If I’m chosen, I would like to visit Elveden Forest in Brandon, Suffolk.  It looks so lovely and I'd love to visit the lake and the mini farm :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment