Monday 2 December 2013

Fruit and Vegtables you should try

Hi there mummies, daddies and everyone else who may be reading my blog.  So some of you may have difficulties feeding your children fruit of veg.  Or maybe some of your children or maybe even you have got bored of the normal fruit and veg you are having.  Well I am here to show you some fantastic fruit and vegetables you may of just walked past in your supermarket and never thought to have even try.

Dragonfruit

dragonfruit
Not only is Dragonfruit really pretty it tastes great to.  The taste reminds me somewhat of kiwi but it's pink!  This is sure to be a hit with any girl that has a thing for pink and has a sweet tooth. Most supermarkets should sell this I mean my local Asda sell this and I live in the middle of no-where.  Even if your local supermarket doesn't sell it there are plenty of markets who should.

Health benefits include:
  • Low  Cholesterol (near enough 0%)
  • High in Vitamin C
  • Antioxidants
  • Fiber   
Sadly Dragon fruit does have a bit of fruit fat in it due to the seeds.

Sweet potato 


sweet potato
These sweet potatoes are not like normal potatoes they are sweeter and quite rich in flavor.  I normally only have one on my plate because I literally cannot each more then once.  I think they would be great if your LO's or even you have got bored of just the same potatoes.  This makes a great colourful picture on your plate especially if you turn it into mash. These are quite common in supermarkets and just last week I brought some for only £1 so there not expensive either which is great for budgeting parents.

Health benefits include:

  • High in Vitamin B6
  • Good Source of Vitamin C6
  • Vitamin D
  • Iron
  • good source of mag­nesium which causes anti-stress and relaxation

Pomegranate

pomegranate
Yet again this is a great fruit to buy at the moment as it's only a £1 at Asda and probably similar in other stores. Pomegrante's can be a bit messy but they are so worth it considering the benefits they can give you.  This is a great fruit to eat especially if you want help with dry skin and slow down aging and more!  Below I have listed the mass amounts of beauty and health benefits this power superfood contains.

Beauty benefits include:
  • Regenerate Cells
  • Protection against the sun
  • slows down aging
  • helps with dry skin
  • Helps with the outbreak of acne and minimizes scars
Health benefits include:
  • High Antioxidants
  • Helps to fight against cancer
  • Improve bone quality
  • increase appetite
  • Cure Anemia
  • Promotes blood circulation

Mangos

mangos
I love this fruit and I'm guilty of not buying it as much as I really should.  I LOVE drinking mango juice and if you love it to then you have to try an actual Mango.  they are super soft and quite easy to serve.  You can also make it look like a hedgehog which would be fun for kids.

Health benefits include:
  • Can fight against cancer
  • Clears the skin
  • Eye health
  • Helps lower Cholesterol
  • Vitamin A which helps eye health
  • Helps diabetes
  •  Vitamin E

Aubergine

Aubergine
So most of the items on this list have been fruit but my last one is a vegetable.  These can be cooked simply by either boiling or grilling them.  They are a great edition to any type of pasta meal.  This is another super food as well as pomegranate.  It also has beauty as well as health benefits.


Beauty benefits include: 
  • Keeps skin hydrated
  • helps hair stay healthy
Health benefit include:
  • Helps stimulate the brain
  • Helps create Iron
  • Lowers Cholesterol
  • Helps you to quiet smoking
  • Reduces the chance of heart disease

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely colourful post. I'm ashamed to admit I've not tried Dragonfruit before, looks amazing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither have I until the boyfriend brought it. I was scared at first not gunna lie (how can I be scared of a fruit!) but it was really tasty :D. x Thanks for commenting x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried dragon fruit either!it does look really pretty!:)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tastes just like kiwi I gave it a try after the bf convinced me ha ha.

      Delete